Background

Friday, November 7, 2014

Happy Halloween

Halloween is as big as Christmas around our house maybe even bigger!  The kids and Wes love the season and go all out.  This year Aubrey was a Fairy and Kaden was Captain America.  The week before Halloween Highlander Point had a Halloween party where all the businesses decorate and have candy.  Domino's even had a haunted house this year!  We didn't make it last year due to nasty weather but this year it was pretty nice out so we went.  It was really neat the kids got more candy than they need and had a good time.  We took them through the haunted house but it terrified Kaden he was not a happy camper. 

The Tuesday before Halloween we did our pumpkins.  Wes, Aubrey and I carved ours and Kaden painted his.  Unfortunately Aubrey's broke while Wes was carving it so I got her another one and she put a cat face on it with a kit I bought instead.

For Halloween night it was COLD out and they were calling for sleet/snow.  Wes worked all day to get the front yard decorated and the kids and I went to about 1/3 of the neighborhood before we got too cold and headed home. 

Highlander Point Trick or Treating

 Pumpkin Guts!
 Aubrey actually cleaned hers all out I was surprised!

 Kaden's painted pumpkin
 Aubrey chose a Bat to carve but it was only connected at 4 small points and broke when Wes was carving it.

 Kaden got to go Trick or Treating at daycare too they took them up to Cooperfield Commons which is a small strip mall next to daycare.
 The yard before it got dark.
 Aubrey's kitty pumpkin.
 The deck Halloween night.



My Fairy and Captain America


 There's a ghost in our room!

No comments: