Background

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Giving back

One of the things I've loved about being a Thirty-one Consultant has been the opportunity to give back by doing some fundraising for organizations like the Relay for Life and St. Joseph's Children's home.  In January my Senior Director, Jenna Brandes decided to do a drive to sponsor and donate Chemo Comfort Bags to the Cancer Center in Jasper.  Her goal was 50 totes and she was going to fill them up with goodies the patients could use while doing their treatments and then they could keep the tote for later.  She asked if any of the team members would like to join her and I loved the idea.  There were I think 13 of us all together and we had over 250 bags sponsored to donate!!!  We had each sponsor donate $25 with which we purchased a Organizing Utility tote and then we used our commission to purchase, warm socks, word search books, pens, tissues, sanatizer, lotion, chapstick, blankets, etc. to fill them up with.  We also put a personal card and a prayer booklet with them and a card with the information of who the sponsor was donating the bag in Memory or Honor of.  They have been delivering the bags to the cancer center 25-30 at a time and they are handing them out to patients who seem to be in need of a pick-me-up.  The response has been great from the patients and the center wrote Jenna a great note of thanks.  Hopefully it's something we can do again next year.

The goodies to fill the bags
 All full I had 11 sponsored and I sponsored one myself so I donated 12 altogether.

No comments: