Background

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Relay weekend

We had a good time in Jasper over the weekend. I headed out with Aubrey Friday after work and got to Jasper in time to drop Aubrey off with my parents and get into the track before the Luminary ceremony started. Mom and dad put Aubrey to bed for me since I knew it was going to be late getting back and it was too cold out for her. She did pretty good for them and only cried a little bit. I stayed at the Relay and walked for a while and went back to the house to get a few hours sleep about 1am. Aubrey got up around 7am to eat so we went ahead and got ready and went back into the relay. She did really well in her stroller while we were walking and liked watching all the other kids playing. I think she would have really liked being down with them but she can't really walk yet so that wasn't really possible. After the relay I went to LosBravos with mom and dad and over to Mary's (our adopted grandma) to visit for a bit with mom and Aubrey. Then we went to church where they were having mass for some family friend's 50th wedding anniversary and I headed back to Louisville.

Sunday we did some house work then went to Wes's parents for burgers. They got to watch her for a few hours while Wes and I went home to tend to some yard work. Overall it was a great weekend.

Here are a few pictures.
Aubrey with Mary Brelage
Aubrey chillin in her stroller at Relay
Pit stop for the stroller gang
Some of the cousins that were at Relay (L-R Katie, Gwen, Me, emily, April, and Kylee with some of the kids)
Aden entertaining Aubrey during the closing ceremony

No comments: