Background

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flooding

Yikes it's crazy here! We got between 4-6" of rain in ONE hour this morning and it flooded much of the city. Long story short, went to Aubrey's dr. appointment got drenched coming out, got stuck at Sheri's for 2 1/2 hours, took 1 1/2 hours to drive the 8 miles to work. Now it's storming again! I tried to get back to our house to check the dogs and make sure it wasn't flooding but the road is completley flooded so I couldn't get through. Wes's dad went over (parked at the gas station and walked) and got Smeagol and checked the house it's fine (or was before this storm started). Roads are flooded everywhere making driving really dangerous and a pain as you have to keep detouring. Anyway we're alright for now hopefully we can get back home tonight if not Wes park and walk and take care of Zeus and we'll either go to Wes's parents or stay with Jason and Sheri.

Here are a few pictures I took this morning on my way in.
The street at the entrance to our neighborhood
Ramp from I-264 to Dixie Hwy. They had both I-264 & I-65 closed at several area's because of flooding.
Oak Street downtown. Look close that is an overpass over the road I was sitting on so the water is probably 10' deep there and you could tell it had been a few feet higher and had gone down some already.
Oak Street looking the other way.

No comments: