Background

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The floor is in!

I am so happy with how much we got done on our project this weekend so far. Dad came down Friday morning and was able to do some major demo while I was at work. Wes went home early from work to help. When I got home my kitchen looked like this!It's kind of hard to tell but the fridge, stove, and cabinets from the far wall were in the middle fo the floor. They had remove the old lenolium, 1/4" sub floor, all the base trim, and door trim.

This morning I took Aubrey to Wes's parents to spend the day so we could work. Then Wes and I went to Lowes to get the new base trim, door casing, and chair rail. When we got home we went to work on the floor. It took a while to get going but once we did it went really well. Wes's friend Jason came over a little later and helped until we finished. While they were working on the floor I painted all the trim so it's ready to cut and install. I think it looks great! We still have a ton to do painting some and putting on all the trim but the floor was the big thing I was worried about. Here are some pictures when it was done. Sorry it's still a huge mess.

1 comment:

AG BOEGLIN said...

Wow!! It looks really nice! We will definitely have to come down and see it when it's all done!