Background

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another party and Aubrey's 2 year check up

We decided to have two small parties this year for Aubrey's birthday since our family and friends are so spread out. This past weekend we had one here at home to celebrate with Wes's family and a few friends. It went really well and Aubrey had a good time playing with the other little kids. We grilled some burgers and had a good time visiting.

Saturday night I thought I was going to get her to sleep in her big girl bed. She was SOOO tired and I had got a rail for the side so it was mostly closed in more like her crib or pack and play. It started out good she laid down and stayed there for a few minutes quietly but that was it then she climbed out and would not stay in it. I put her back in there for an hour and a half before finally giving up because she was just so upset it was no use she wasn't going to go to bed like that. Sunday I gave up and just bought another crib for that room. We'll try again in a few months. The terrible 2's are deffinaly upon us I have to fight her to do anything some days it's really frustrating but then other days/times she's an angel.

This morning we had her 2 year appointment for her check up and shots. She was NOT cooperative this morning so we were not able to get very accurate weight and height but she's around 25.4lbs and probably around 34" tall. Her ears are clear but she still has the heart murmmer that we probably need to have checked again at the cardiologist. She only had to get one shot at least which was good because she was having none of it and I had to hold her down which I hate doing. The doctor was impressed with her vocabulary though and said she's doing really well for her age putting phrases together.

I have some pictures from this weekend I just don't have them on the computer yet I'll try to do that and post a few.

1 comment:

Carla said...

That's too bad that she won't sleep in her big girl bed!

Saw Gwen and Emily and their families in McDonald's in Jasper Fri. when we were on our way to Spring Mill.