Background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Cookies and a Christmas Party

It's feeling a lot more like Christmas around out house.  This weekend we put a few more decorations out and I was able to do some Christmas cookie baking.  Saturday during the day we made Peanut Butter cookies, Oatmeal cookies for Wes, and Devils food quick and cool cookies.  Saturday evening Wes's parents came to our hosue to watch the kids while Wes and I went to my company Christmas party.  They always have it at a nice restraunt and this year we went to the Bristol in the Highlands.  Other than having to drive around forever to find a parking spot it was fun we had a good time visiting with my coworkers and their spouses we don't see very often.  It was late when we got home but we had a good time.  Sunday I did a little shoping then came home and made more cookies!  I made Chocolate chip and some regular oatmeal cookies and some of the rolo turtles.  Aubrey actually did most of the turtles I just put them in the oven and put the pecan on them.  She had a good time making them and did a really good job.  For supper Sunday night I had invited Wes's brother Jeremy and his girlfriend Jenny and her son Trey over.  I made a roast in the crock pot and some yummy corn and mashed potatoes.  It was the first time really entertaining in our new house and it was nice to visit with them.


No comments: