I guess this post is a little late considering it's already the 9th but it still counts. I hope everyone has started 2012 off right. We started it off last Sunday with a party for the Hartings family in Jasper. The kids and I just went up for the day and had a really good time. The kids got to play with the other little ones and I got to spend some time with my aunts and uncles and cousins. They even had a surprise visitor for the little ones, Santa!
This past Saturday I took the kids to Jasper with me again and mom and dad watched them while I helped my cousin Tina clean her new house so they could move in this weekend. After that we went to pick up Wes then went to his uncles surprise 80th birthday party. It was nice visiting with Wes's family for a while too it's so different where my family has little kids running everywhere our kids are the only ones under 15 on Wes's side so they are the hit of the party. While we were gone Saturday morning Wes worked on his gym and took down Aubrey's toddler bed. We've been trying to get her to sleep in the water bed since we moved into the house but she still really wanted to sleep in the baby bed so I decided we just had to get rid of it. I told her another baby needed it and had Wes put it away where she couldn't see it. She did well last night and didn't fight sleeping in the big bed so hopefully she'll continue that way.
The house is coming along really well for the most part. Wes has been working every weekend and some week nights trying to get his gym finished out and functional and we've been able to get the garage cleaned out enough I can get my car in it now (YAY!). We had a water problem in the basement and had to take a few pieces of drywall off down there but it turned out it was a pipe not a basement leakage thing so at least the pipe is now fixed and hopefully we can get the wall fixed again soon. The rest of the house is totally livable and put away for the most part. The office area is still in flux we are going to get a new desk eventually so I haven't put things in the one we have yet and the TV needs to be moved when we get the cable line installed where we want it. We absolutely love the house though it has felt like home from the beginning and we cannot wait to explore the area further in the spring when the weather gets nicer. We even started a fire in the buck stove last night for the first time it was kind of nice sitting by the fire relaxing after working around the house all day.
Most of the Hartings cousin's little kids
The big UK vs. UofL game was December 31st the kids were both cheering on UK with their outfits on
Our beautiful hole in the wall. The pipe coming out of the wall was the one busted luckily it wasn't too hard to fix now we just have to get a few sheets of drywall and fix the wall and paint the basement. fun!
Kaden and daddy playing with his new basketball goal. Kaden is ball crazy! He loves playing with them he'll throw it chase after it or throw it to you and want you to throw it back. He really likes playing with the new goal he got for Christmas too. He's still not standing on his own though so he needs some help. He is starting to try to stand on his own though so hopefully this will help encourage him.
No comments:
Post a Comment