Last year about this time we had a leak in the basement we ripped a few sheets of drywall off the wall to find what was going on. Ended up it was the pipe that drained the washer and it had been leaking for several weeks so you can imagine the mess it made. The carpet was soaked and we had to take out two pieces of drywall and let it dry good and have the pipe replaced. That was last year. We finally bought the drywall early in the summer to cover it up then it took a few more months to get it put on the wall. Finally two weeks ago I put the first layer of joint compound on and finally last weekend I got it ready to paint. Since the walls had a chair rail wall paper border and the top and bottom were different colors we needed to paint it all so it was a pretty big job. Dad offered to use some vacation time and come down to help since he has days to burn before the end of the year so we took him up on his offer. He came down on Thursday night after work, had supper with us, then we did a little of the trip work and finished taping the baseboards off. Friday while we were at work he got a good start of the walls he did the base trimming and primed the new drywall and got most of the first coat of color on the walls. When we got home from work he made us some good ribs he had brought with him and then he watched the kids for a while and I finished the first coat of paint and put a second coat on the trim at the top. Saturday morning he watched the kids a little bit so I could paint a little more then he headed home. Luckily Wes was able to watch the kids some more that afternoon and I got the rest of the painting done. Sunday Wes helped me get the furniture moved back to where it should go. It looks really good and I'm so glad to have it this far. We haven't used the basement a whole lot but it's a really good space for gatherings or an extra place for the kids to play this winter where they have a little more room to run. I also use it to work out when I get the chance which hopefully I'll be able to do more now that it's done. We still need to get the entertainment center put together and move a few more things but it's getting much closer to being done.
Before
After (taken with my phone so it's not great) The entertainment center will go where the TV is now.
No comments:
Post a Comment