Background

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

We had a pretty low key Valentines this year.  The kids both had valentines parties at school on Friday so Wednesday night we make up valentines for them to take with them on Friday.  Friday morning the kids each got a card from us and they gave us cards they made at school.  I also got a message in a bottle from Wes which was different and really sweet.  Since they were predicting bad weather Friday afternoon Aubrey's school moved their party to the morning and they sent the kids home 2 hours early.  Aubrey's daycare decided to close an hour early as well so I headed home an hour early and I'm glad I did by the time I got there the roads were getting pretty slick.  We had a night in Friday night and just ate supper at home and played with Aubrey's new rainbow loom and put everything in the case I bought for it.

Saturday the roads were cleared off enough that mom and dad came down for the afternoon.  We had a good time visiting and they enjoyed playing with the kids.  Wes and I went out to a newer restaurant in Georgetown for supper by ourselves while mom and dad watched the kids at home.  It was nice to have a few hours to ourselves and I know the kids had a good time playing with mom and dad.  Mom brought along some embroidery pieces she made for Aubrey to sew and we worked on them some and I pulled out a baby quilt I had started on a long time ago and worked on it some with her.  Kaden and dad had a good time building castles with his legos.










No comments: