I took off work April 24th and 25th to get ready for and to have a yard sale at our house. Thursday I got groceries and did a little more running in the morning then picked up some Subway and met Aubrey at school for lunch. She has been asking all school year if we could eat with her but this was the first time it worked out. She was SO excited! When a parent/grandparent eat lunch with them they get to sit up on the stage and pick a friend to eat with them. Aubrey picked Clara to eat with us she was really cute and they had a good time.
After Lunch I went home to start getting everything ready for the yard sale. We had one last fall so we already had a lot of stuff in one place and marked but I dug out a bunch of the kids old toys and some other things that were never going to be used again and got it all out in the garage so it would be in one place. Dad took some time off work to come down and help and got there later Thursday afternoon. He worked around the yard some and helped me a little. Friday morning I got Aubrey up and off the school and we started setting up. Wes took the day off as well so he took Kaden to daycare and came back to help set up. The forecast earlier in the week was clear but by Thursday they were calling for some rain and of course we got it. We set the yardsale up in the front yard so it was visible from the road but by 9:30 we moved it all to the front deck because it kept raining off and on and I didn't want everything soaked. It finally did clear up later in the morning and we actually ended up doing pretty good.
Saturday we had the yard sale again we were not as busy as Friday but we still sold some stuff. In between people I was able to get some house work done and dad worked on spraying the front yard weeds. Wes worked from home some. It was a lot of work but we got rid of a lot of junk and took some to goodwill and we made a few hundred bucks we didn't have before.
No comments:
Post a Comment