When I was younger it was tradition for our family to rent a cabin at Lincoln State park every year the third weekend in May. Several of my aunts and uncles would also get one and it was a great weekend spent running around with my cousins. When mom and dad got a camper we would camp that weekend instead of getting a cabin but I have a lot of great memories from those weekends. Eventually mom and dad stopped going but Betty and Ed and Margie and Steve, and my cousin's Emily, Gwen, April and Rob still get cabins. We've visited a few times but last year I decided we needed to join them so I made reservations for this May. The weekend ended up being really chilly with highs in the 60's but that's ok it was dry and we all had a good time.
I took Friday off to pack and get a few things done. Unfortunately Kaden's asthma was flared up and I ended up spending half the day at the doctor's office with him but they said he was ok to go. We surprised Aubrey and got some Subway and ate lunch with her at school. Mom and dad decided to take a half day off work and came down to help me get things packed up and to bring the kids bikes and some other stuff to Lincoln for us since we couldn't fit it all into our car. We ended up getting out of the house later so we didn't get to Lincoln until close to 7:30pm. Saturday we walked and Aubrey did great ridding her bike with the rest of the kids. Mom and dad came back up and spent most of the day with us and helped watch Kaden since he was supposed to stay inside most of the time.
I am really glad we got to go this year and hope to make this a tradition with our kids like it was when I was little.
No comments:
Post a Comment