This year the kids were both signed up for the basketball league at St. Mary of the Knobs. Kaden did it last year and had a great time and this year Aubrey played as well. It is only 5 weeks plus a weekend tournament for Aubrey's age group. This year since both of them were playing Wes signed up to coach Aubrey's team with his dad and I signed up to assist with Kaden's team. They both made a lot of improvement through the season since Aubrey didn't play last year I wasn't sure how she would do but she did great and even hit a basket during one of the games. Kaden's league just takes turns shooting and dribbling to the other side of the floor they don't keep score or anything. Aubrey's league actually played a game though so it was a challenge for Wes to teach them the skills they needed to actually defend and play some offence when they only had 1 practice a week and only 2 before they started games. They got beat the first 4 games by quite a bit but they pulled out a win the 5th game and went on to win both games during the tourney to win the whole thing! I'm so proud of Aubrey and Wes they had fun and leaned a lot.
I think we'll be getting a basketball goal for the back yard this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment