We had a great weekend I love it when we have a day that actually goes as planned and we get a lot done. Add beautiful weather and it's all good in my world
Saturday the kids had practices in the morning then my parents brought down a truckload of good dirt to help us get started on a new garden. This year we decided to just do a small raised garden since we're new to gardening and don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a large spread. We picked out a spot and unloaded the soil then we took the truck to Home Depot to get the timbers for the outside of the garden. While we were there we also picked up all the lumber we needed to build Kaden a new set of bunk beds and they had the grill I'd been eyeing on sale so we picked that up too...lol
. When we got home we put the timbers in place and spread out the soil and planted the early tomato plant dad brought. I think we'll probably do another few tomato plants, and a few peppers, maybe lettuce and broccoli and zucchini too. We'll see how it goes. Then we ate supper and my parents headed home.
Saturday the kids had practices in the morning then my parents brought down a truckload of good dirt to help us get started on a new garden. This year we decided to just do a small raised garden since we're new to gardening and don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a large spread. We picked out a spot and unloaded the soil then we took the truck to Home Depot to get the timbers for the outside of the garden. While we were there we also picked up all the lumber we needed to build Kaden a new set of bunk beds and they had the grill I'd been eyeing on sale so we picked that up too...lol
. When we got home we put the timbers in place and spread out the soil and planted the early tomato plant dad brought. I think we'll probably do another few tomato plants, and a few peppers, maybe lettuce and broccoli and zucchini too. We'll see how it goes. Then we ate supper and my parents headed home.
Sunday they came back after church and we started on Kaden's bunk beds. My dad and I built most of the furniture in the house I grew up in and we've built a few pieces in my house as well. I love being able to work with him even though he doesn't have the energy to do as much anymore. It's still neat to have something you designed and built. We got all the pieces cut to length and all the edges rounded up. Now I just need to sand and stain everything and get the mattresses.
I'm sore all over today but it was worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment