Background

Monday, November 24, 2008

Just an update

Well after our much excited post about Aubrey rolling over last week she's decided not to do it again. The little turkey ;) She is still posturing up and looking all around but her arm is in the way most of the time or she'll grab on to the blanket and it stops her.

She is sleeping a lot better at night latley. Some nights she wakes up between 5-6am others she sleeps until I wake her up about 6:45. I'm sure we'll still have an occasional middle of the night feeding but it's nice to get more of a full nights sleep most of the time. She's still getting breast milk exclusivley other than some cereal before bed. Breastfeeding is still going great and I really enjoy it I plan to keep going as long as she wants to or until she's at least a year old. For now she seems completley satisfied with just the milk and cereal so we'll stay with it until closer to 6 months then we'll start adding some veggies.

Some of her new things:
She wants to sit up she prefers to sit on your lap to laying down on your arm. She loves to be able to look around and watch TV or the fish at the baby sitters. She's getting really good at grabbing things if they are in front of her. If you hold a toy in front of her she'll use both hands to grab on to it and tries to stick it directly into her mouth. She loves to pull her paci out too and tries to get it back in which she does sometimes. She's really found her voice and is making all sorts of cute noises along with some pretty funny screetches and giggles. She also loves grabbing your face now she'll giggle and try to pull your nose or stick her fingers in your mouth.

As far as Wes and I we are both doing well too. I've been swimming a few times a week at the YMCA by our house and really enjoy it. I've only got about 5 more lbs to loose then I'll be back to what I was before I got pregnant. I'm still working full time and that's going ok too.
Wes is still training several days a week in his quest to break the top 100 in the country for his weight class in the deadlift. I think we're finally getting into a routien with everyting going on.

This is going to be a busy week and weekend. Thursday we are spending some time with Wes's family for Thanksgiving. Friday we're going to Jasper for the weekend. Friday afternoon we are going with a bunch of cousin's and aunts to the circus in Evansville. Saturday we have a baby shower in Evansville then the Hartings family Thanksgiving. Sunday we are throwing Lisa a baby shower. It's going to be a crazy weekend but one filled with good times, good food, and lots of family and friends. I can't wait!

No comments: