Unfortunatly not in a good way this time. I had called in sick yesterday because I have a bad head cold Aubrey's baby sitter was planning to pick her up after dropping her son off at preschool and watch her for me so I could rest and hopefully get over this cold. When I got her up to feed her before she got there I noticed she was wheezing pretty bad. She's been coughing and congested for a week and a half but this was new. I called the doctor when they opened and they wanted to see her right away so we went in at 11:00. Dr. Kamber looked her over and said she was definatly wheezing. His opinion was that she's got asthma but he said he can't diagnose it as such right away. So for how he's calling it Bronchitis. He had them give her a nebulizer breathing treatment in the office and check her oxygen level. Then he checked her again and the wheezing had stopped so the treatment helped. So for now we have a nebulizer and medication for it for home and we are to give her a treatment every 4 hours as needed if she starts wheezing. I can't beleive though that she's been mostly her normal happy self concidering I know she can't feel good at all.
Most of you probably know that I have/had asthma. The one thing I really hoped she wouldn't inherit from me was that and I certinaly didn't expect it to start so early since mine didn't start until I was about 10. There is a chance that it's just bronchitis so I'm trying not to worry about it but I still feel bad for her.
We also found out she's 13lbs now so she gained 8oz in 6 days!!! At least I know she's getting enoough to eat ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment