Background

Friday, September 11, 2009

Walking, new shoes, and play table

Finally the last two days Aubrey has decided she can walk and has started to let go and take steps on her own. I haven't seen her do it too much but she did a few times last night. Sheri said she walked most of the way across her kitchen yesterday though and was walking all day yesterday with Kyrsten (Sheri's niece)! YAY!!!

This week she's also decided she likes her milk out of her sippy cup FINALLY! So we've been able to get her to drink more milk from the sippy and I've stopped giving her a bottle at night. I'm still giving her on in the morning for now but will probably try to stop that in the next few weeks as well.

Now for the cool new stuff :) I've been looking for a cute pair of high top tennis shoes for Aubrey it's supposed to support their ankles a little more and help them walk. I wasn't having much luck finding anything other than the ugly lace up white ones but Sheri found some at Walmart. I went to a different Walmart last weekend to get them and they didn't have them so Sheri's mom picked up a pair for her this week. They are cute and I don't know if they have anything to do with her walking since she started the day before she got them but they won't hurt either.
I also got her an activity table and chairs set. She LOVES playing with the table and sitting on the chairs so I finally went and got her one. It's an Elmo one and has a cut out in the middle with a net to put things in. She got to play with it last night and had a blast. I have to watch her with the chairs because she likes to try to stand on them but she loves sitting there playing at the table.

2 comments:

Carla said...

Congrats! Matt has been on a kick this week...Ciara doesn't eat enough, why isn't she walking, etc.
I think he just doesn't realize how much she does eat. And, me and Christa were both late walkers...15+ mo. She's walking around things and is getting braver (only holding onto 1 hand), so I don't think there are any issues. We have also been told that the Robeez & Koala Baby shoes with the soft soles help them walk b/c they are more flexible and feel more natural on their feet.

AG BOEGLIN said...

YAY...Aubrey's walking! Now the real fun begins! :)