Background

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aubrey's new room

We moved Aubrey into her new room this weekend. It's pretty much done other than needing to clean off the book shelves and putting a few other things away and her new bed is all made up. Now if I can just get her to sleep in it we'll be all set. Friday night we tried for an hour to get her to lay down in her toddler bed. She would lay down in it but wanted us to either lay down with her or read to her every time we tried to leave she got really upset. After an hour it was pointless she was upset and obviously not going to stay in the room so we let her sleep in the crib that night. Saturday I put the pack and play up in her room and she's been sleeping in there since then. I'm hoping that she will get used staying in the new room then she will be willing to move to the toddler bed. I don't have any pictures yet but I'll try to get some soon.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Maybe try starting with naptime in there. Or asking her if she wants to sleep in the big girl bed or the baby bed. We have been letting Ciara sleep in her new room at naptime on the weekends to hopefully make the transition easier. Just haven't moved her down there all the time since there's not a real reason to yet and it's easier to get her ready upstairs anyway.

Barbara and Wes said...

I tried at nap time too she has no problem staying in the pack and play but will not stay in the "big girl bed" I even tried putting the gate up outside the door and just letting her cry for a few minutes hoping she would go lay down but no luck she was just working herself into a tizzy. Hopefully once she's used to the room we can work on it more.

Carla said...

Someone mentioned to me to try putting the mattress on the floor for a week or two until she gets used to the bed. ...sounds like it's the bed, not the room so maybe that would work.