As most of you probably know Kaden Michael Hemp entered the world on Monday at 3:14pm weighing 7lbs 7oz and 20 1/2" long. They started inducing me starting about 1:30am Monday morning. At first they thought it would go pretty quickly but Kaden obviously had other ideas I was stuck at 5cm for almost 5 hours and they were worried the cord was around his neck because he was showing some distress and he was not moving down as he should have. They tried moving me this way and that but between my bp dropping and the way he was acting it was kind of touch and go they were concidering doing a c-section because they thought the cord was stopping him from coming down on his own. The nurse checked me around 3:00 I was still only at 6cm so the doctor came in to see if she wanted to go ahead with the c-section when she checked me though I was 8cm and he had moved down a lot so they decided to wait. Not 2 minutes later I had to push in the worst way so we called the nurse she checked and he was crowning so the doctor rushed in and he was born a few minutes later. I beleive he's going to be like his sister and have to have everything in his own time his own way :)
We are both doing pretty well his weight is down to 6lbs 14oz this morning at the doctor and he's a little jaundice but not too bad we have to go back tomorrow to recheck. He's nursing well though so hopefully it won't get any worse.
Aubrey is going pretty good with him over all if anything she's going to smother him trying to be mother to him. She wants to hold him and give him his paci all the time. Hopefully we can get her to help with him and feel useful without her driving me crazy ;)
Now what you all want some pictures :)
1 comment:
I kind of like the top one since his eyes are open, but either is fine.
Post a Comment