Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Relay for life 2011

This weekend was the Dubois County Relay for life in Jasper. Our family has participated since they started doing one in Dubois county and it's always a lot of fun. This year was no different. I was off on Friday because the kids baby sitter was on vacation so the kids and I headed to Jasper around noon on Friday. We went to mom and dad's first and had supper with them then headed into the Relay. Mom came with me for the opening ceremony and stayed a while then took Aubrey with her to see my great aunt and uncle who were in from Texas. I kept Kaden with me and we stayed for the luminary ceremony and pizza then went back home to sleep for a while.
Saturday I helped mom and dad at the house to get ready for a party so everyone could visit with Aunt Pearl and Uncle Donnie then went into the Relay for a few hours for the closing ceremony. We had Lunch at home with Donnie and Pearl and their daughter Donna and great grandson Phillip who was with them. Then everyone else came over after 2pm to visit. It was a lot of the fun everyone got to visit and the kids got to play.
I also had Monday off so I worked around the house. Our neighbor and friend Donna came over to help me clean the house and get it straightened up. It's not on the market yet but should be within the next week or so. She's going to help clean house for us while it's on the market which will be such a huge help to me.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. Sorry about the weird spaces Blogger is being really difficult with pictures latley.

No comments: