Saturday the kids and I went to Jasper to help mom and dad pull and put away most of their sweet corn. Mom had it already pulled and shucked by the time we got there so we helped her clean it and pack and seal it and get it in the freezer. So far they have 169 ears in the freezer! There is still more to pull but I think they have the bulk of it in. The ears that were not as good got cut off and mom cooked it some and put it in containers to put in the freezer for soup later.
Lisa and Emma came later in the afternoon so the girls got to play and Lisa and I watered dad's flowers and pulled a few weeds for him. After supper we headed back home since I had work to do there too. It was a good day though I'm glad we were able to go help.
Kaden started pulling himself up last week! He's also got 6 teeth now and at least 2 more coming in I think there might be another one on the bottom that's getting close too. He's changed so much in just the last few weeks since he's started crawling and he's getting a lot more personality it's so cute :)
No comments:
Post a Comment