Background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Crazy weekend but we are in our new house!

What a very busy last 5 days!  It started Wednesday evening I guess I got a call from daycare that Aubrey had a fever so she couldn't go back to daycare on Thursday.  Kaden had a doctor appointment on Thursday morning to recheck his ears (which were clear) so I took Aubrey in too.  They didn't find anything wrong really and she wasn't getting sick just a little mopy.  We went to visit their new daycare after the doctor for a little bit to introduce them and let them see where they were going to be.  It went as well as I expected.  Aubrey was reserved at first but ended up playing and having a good time.  Kaden let Angela (babysitter) hold him and played some too.  After that I took Kaden back to daycare and Aubrey home with me.  I had the day off to pack and work at the old house and Wes's mom took off as well so she was there with me.  We packed and cleaned and loaded my car.  While Aubrey took a nap Carol stayed with her and I took a load over to the house then I worked there for a while getting things ready for painting Friday.  Wes picked Kaden up from school and took him to his parents and they ate supper there and I met them when I got done.

Friday morning I dropped the kids off at daycare then headed over to the new house.  Carol, and my cousin Tina had also taken off to come and help me paint.  We got the kitchen, main bathroom, and loft all painted.  We were supposed to have our cable and internet installed Friday as well but it doesn't look like they are going to be able to do it for a few weeks now because they have to wait to run the line across the road.  We're looking into other options they ticked me off.  Friday night Wes picked up the car and went and got the kids while I worked at the new house putting things away as much as I could.  We spent the night at the house so we would be ready when they got there with the trailer and stuff from mom and dad's house.  The kids did pretty good it took Aubrey a little bit but she finally went to sleep in the pack and play in her new room.

Saturday we had the best bunch of people helping and I cannot say enough about how thankful we are for them!  My cousin Steven and his son Calvin brought down their 30' enclosed trailer and my uncle Dennis and aunt Mary Ann brought down the skid loader with this special bucket attachment that's 7' wide and 3' deep.  We took the rail off the side of the deck and were able to lift all the boxes and furniture straight on to the deck.  It worked like a charm and saved so much time and energy.  We ended up taking the big trailer and 7 truck loads plus my car over on Saturday.  I made some chili for everyone so they ate before heading home.  The kids spent the day with our friends Jeff and Amy and their kids and had a good time.

Sunday Wes and his dad made another trip with both trucks then took some stuff to his parents house while I cleaned the old house and did a little shopping for the new house.  Mom and dad watched the kids and mom unpacked some stuff for me. 

It was a really great weekend overall there were only a few minor glitches and we got almost everything.  The rest Wes will try to get tonight after work.

I'll try to get some pictures when things are cleaned up a little bit.  If you want to see the "elevator" working check my facebook page I posted a little video.

No comments: