We got some of the best news on Friday after work that the Sherman Minton Bridge (I-64) was going to open at midnight Friday night! We knew when we bought the house it was going to be inconvienient for a while but what a nightmare it was having to go all the way around and the traffic was so unpredictable. What used to take me over an hour took me just 35 minutes to get to work this morning! It also cuts our drive to Wes's parent's house almost in half so it will make it much easier to visit with them.
With that good news in mind I got to use the bridge on Saturday to go into Louisville and do some shoping with my friend Carla who was in town for the Farm show with her family. I took the kids over to Wes's parents first so they could spend some time with them and with Kadie and Kristen their buddies. Then I went out to Oxmoor Mall to meet Carla and Mattison. We had a really good time and I got some great deals on some clothes for Aubrey for next winter and a few shirts for this summer. I also got some really good deals on some dress pants and a top for me. We had lunch and just visited and shopped it was great to be able to spend some time together since we don't see each other very often. Aubery wanted to spend the night with mamma and papaw so I got Kaden and went to get groceries before heading home.
Wes's parents brought Aubrey home Sunday and Mike installed a new thermostat at the house and fixed the front light for us. Overall a very good and productive weekend :)
No comments:
Post a Comment