Another busy week it seems like they come and go faster than I can keep up with anymore. We had Kaden's First steps Evaluation Wednesday (see post below), then Thursday I was scheduled to have an EGD W/Bravo test done which is a scope of my esophagus and stomach and they implanted a small microchip that read the ph level to check for acid reflux. The procedure itself went fine the doctor send everything looked fine and they implanted the chip without problems. Then I had to wear this monitor thing that recorded the data for 48 hours. Unfortunately when I woke up from the anesthesia my back was hurting some but I didn't think much of it. We left the hospital and went to get something to eat since I couldn't eat before hand and Wes had a doctors appointment that afternoon as well. While eating the pain in my back got much worse, so bad we actually got the food to go and left. I rested while Wes had his appointment and went home to try to sleep some and see if it got better. We tried calling the nurse from the hospital but she didn't answer. She did call back a little later and said to try a heating pad so we tried that and I slept for a little bit but it didn't really help. Friday I called the doctor who said it was probably from the Bravo chip aggravating my esophagus and that it should get better when the chip falls out after about a week. I really hope it doesn't last that long! It's not as bad as it was the first day but it still really hurts when I eat which is a problem because my stomach feels fine and I'm hungry.
Saturday we had Wes's brother Ben's graduation from UofL Speed School! We are so proud of him for sticking with it and graduating and for already having a full time job that he enjoys in his field. We went to the commencement ceremony Saturday afternoon then to BBC to eat after with Wes's parents and brothers. Then we went back home so Wes could get some of the mowing done before it started to rain again.
Sunday mom and dad stopped at Celestine park and picked up some Sander's Chicken and ribs and brought them down for lunch and visited with us most of the afternoon. It was nice to spend some time with them and the kids love playing with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment