Background

Monday, May 7, 2012

It's Derby Time

It's so hard to believe it's time for the Kentucky Derby already!  We've never been to the derby but it's hard not to at least get into it a little bit when the whole city is focused on the event.  Saturday morning we went to a few yard sales then Walmart and got Kaden's hair cut before heading back home to get ready to grill out.  Wes's parent's and brother Jeremy came over for supper and we grilled some steaks and Wes's mom made some Derby pie for desert.  I'm not a huge pie fan but oh my that stuff is SO good!  She made it for Wes because that's his favorite and it's one of the only sweets he will actaully let himself eat :)  We watched the race and visited for a while and enjoyed just sitting on the deck and talking while the kids played.

Sunday we mowed the grass and did some work around the house and played outside some more.  With the warmer weather I'm having a heck of a time getting anything done inside because I just want to take the kids out to play :)  I did have a little bit of a fright Sunday though I was working in one of the landscaping areas cutting some weeds out and looked at the ground and their was a snake just a few inches from my hand.  I'm pretty sure it was a black rat snake which isn't dangerous really but I hate snakes!  I went to get Wes but when we got back out it was gone.  We've also had a bunch of ticks on us so we've been trying to make sure to check ourselves and the kids when we go inside at night.
My munchkins all together.
 Kaden has his first goose egg this week he hit his head on a table at school.  It's kind of hard to see but it's on his forehead.  Luckily the bruise and knot went away pretty quickly.

No comments: