Background

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Visitors and more sickies

I missed a post last weekend but we didn't do a whole lot Lisa and Drew stopped by on their way to Gatlinburg on Saturday so they kids played a while and we did some stuff around the house. 

Thursday Lisa and Drew came back through town on their way to Jasper and picked up Aubrey to spend a few extra days with my parents and playing with Emma.  The plan was for Wes and I to meet them at mom and dad's on Saturday and spend the night and go to Addison's birthday party and a party for my great uncle Donnie and Aunt Pearl who were in from Texas.  Well Kaden woke up with a high fever Saturday morning so that plan was kind of scratched.  We ended up leaving him at home with Wes and I went to Jasper to spend some time with my family and go to the parties with Aubrey.  Aubrey had such a great time at Adi's party and at the party for Donnie and Pearl she loves playing with Emma and her other cousin's and they did really well together.  Unfortunatly Aubrey started with a low fever Saturday evening and Sunday but since it stayed low and she was not complaining anything hurt we didn't think too much of it since it was really hot out and she had been outside most of the time.

We headed home Sunday afternoon and when we got home Aubrey's fever was worse so I put her down for a late nap.  Kaden had develped a rash with his fever while we were on the way home so I tried to make him more comfortable and got him to lay down for a while too.  After getting things unpacked from the car we ate a late supper got the kids cleaned up and called it a night.

Monday I took both kids to the doctor it turns out Kaden (maybe Aubrey too) has Hand, Foot, Mouth disease which normally causes the fever and a rash on the hands, feet, and in the mouth.  Kaden's was all over his legs and feet and his arms and around his face and ears.  You could tell his throat hurt from the ones in there but the other rash he didn't mess with much.  Aubrey was complaining of a sore throat but never got the rash.  I kept them home Monday and Tuesday and they seemed to be much better by Tuesday afternoon so hopefully they are both over it now.

The princesses, Addison and Aubrey
 Waiting to start the water ballon fight
 Ballon fight!
 Playing in the pool at Margie and Steves
 My Great uncle Donnie, Aunt Pearl, me and Aubrey

1 comment:

Carla said...

Goodness! One or both of Chris' girls and I think Lance had that a few weeks ago. Hope everyone gets better soon!