Background

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Long weekend

This year has gone so quickly it's hard to keep up!  Thursday morning Kaden woke up coughing a little after a rough night.  I took the kids to daycare and went to work with a feeling that I was going to have to go get him again even though he really wasn't acting sick.  About 11:30 Angela (daycare lady) called and said Kaden had started coughing more as the morning went and he was wheezing pretty bad.  I told her I'd call the doctor and come get him.  She called back a few minutes later and asked if she could give him a breating treatment because she was really worried about him.  Since she also has a son about Kaden's age who has pretty bad breathing problems I told her to go ahead since if she was that worried it was bad.  I called the doctor and went to get him luckily they had an appointment open soon after so I took him straight in.  He was still really wheezing so they gave him another treatment in the office and luckily that one helped quite a bit so she said we could take him home but to continue the treatments every 4 hrs for 48 then slowly whean him off them.  I'm not sure what brought the attack it came on so suddenly so it kind of freaked me out.  The doctor thought it was just from a cold but he doesn't really act like he has a cold other than a slightly runny nose.  Either way he is doing much better now and I hope he won't have another episode for a while.

Kaden taking his treatment at the doctors office.  He does ok with them sometimes and others he's a stinker.
 Friday I stayed home with him because he was running a low fever and still having trouble breathing.  We did get quite a bit done though I did my grocery shoping done after droping Aubrey at school.  I got some house work done then Kaden took a really long nap so I got started on putting the filter fabric down in the play area and got the garage cleaned up and organized some.  Then I picked Aubrey up a little early from school and we went out to eat when Wes got home from work.

Saturday we went to Jasper for my cousin Robbie's wedding.  He married Rebecca (Becca) Boone at the Lincoln Memorial at Lincoln State Park.  Luckily the weather cooperated it rained that morning but by the ceremony it stopped and turned out to be a pretty day.  They had the reception in Ireland so we went there after the wedding and the kids had a good time playing with the cousin's.  We spent the night at mom and dad's and went home Sunday afternoon.

Here comes the bride, Becca and her dad
You may kiss the bride
The girls (Brooke, Becca's sister, and April and flower girl Avari)
 Mom had bought a kit to make necklaces and bracelets and wanted to spend some time with the girls. So Sunday morning before Lisa and Drew headed home mom helped Aubrey and Emma make a necklace and bracelet.

 After we got home Sunday Wes worked and Kaden took his nap and Aubrey and I ran into Kroger and ordered Kaden's birthday cake.  Sunday evening we went to Wes's parents for supper and to celebrate Jeremy's birthday.

Monday we worked outside some and I finished hanging the drywall in the basement so the hold in the wall is at least covered.  Wes picked up the rest of the timbers for the play set area and we got some more of the filter fabric put down.  This has turned out to be a lot bigger project than we anticipated but it will be worth it the kids already love playing out there.  Wes's parents came over for a while too and his dad worked on our fan in the living room and got it working and tried to fix the light in the kitchen although that is still not working right.  At least the living room light works again.

Aubrey decided to try out her skates she actually did pretty good on her own this time.
 I guess Kaden wanted to play ball :)

No comments: