Kaden was sick all week last week with yucky eyes and ears and having some breathing trouble again. We went to the doctor on Tuesday and got some antibiotics for the eyes and ears and prednisone for his breathing and started treatments. By Friday the eyes and ears looked much better but his breathing and coughing were not improving so I decided to take him back to the doctor. I had a pretty strong feeling we would be heading to the ER but wanted to at least try to avoid it. The doctor listened and they did two treatments in the office but his oxygen levels were down and his wheezing not really improved so they sent us to Kosair to the ER. He got checked in and they did a 1hr treatment on him there. Our friend Amy came to visit us a while during her lunch break then he fell asleep for a while. While he was napping his oxygen dropped down even further and the ER doctor decided to admit him to at least be observed overnight. After work Wes picked up Aubrey and brought her to the hospital to see Kaden, we ordered some sandwiches and I ran home for a quick shower and to get over night stuff. Wes took Aubrey home for the night and I stayed with Kaden. They did treatments ever two hours through the night and he did better than I expected. His oxygen dropped the first hour or so he was sleeping, but then it came back up and stayed at an ok level most of the night. His pediatrician checked him Saturday morning and was pleased with his progress so she suggested spreading the treatments out and if he did ok said we could go home Saturday afternoon. Luckily he did well with them and we went home a little after 1:00. After we got home I put Kaden down for a nap and took one myself since I didn't get much sleep the night before. Then we went to Cracker Barrel for supper since I really didn't feel like cooking.
Daddy and Kaden before we left the hospital
Kaden had to have one of daddy's hats before we left the house and wanted to wear it.
Sunday Kaden was still doing ok and we had planned to go to my cousin Janelle's Son, Chase's birthday party in Jasper. Wes had brought work home he needed to do so I went ahead and took the kids to Jasper. Kaden stayed with mom and dad while I took Aubrey to the party. It was really neat they had it at the Skate Palace where they had a bunch of inflatables set us for the kids to play on and some cars to ride. I think everyone had a really good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment