When we moved to Georgetown the kids new daycare gave me a pamplet for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library http://www.imaginationlibrary.com/. It's a program that sends kids from birth to age five a new book every month. It's sponsored by a company or organization in your county and Floyd County happened to have the program so we could sign the kids up. I signed Aubrey up then and she has been getting books since we moved. I finally went ahead and signed Kaden up too since Aubrey gets such a kick out of getting a new book in the mail. I wasn't sure if he would get the same books or if they would be different but he finally got his first one Friday. It was the same one Aubrey got a while back but that's ok they think it's great they both have the same book. Some of the books are ones I've heard of and others are not but they have been really good overall.
The kids are also getting the Highlights magazines thanks to Wes's Aunt Linda. They haven't gotten into them as much yet but Aubrey does like me to go through it and read her the stories and look at the pictures.
Aubrey wanted to me to take her picture with Kaden and their "Little Engine that Could" books they got. Kaden was more interested in watching whatever was on TV :)
No comments:
Post a Comment