Background

Friday, February 8, 2013

Kids weekend with Grandma and Grandpa

Last weekend mom and dad picked up the kids Saturday morning and headed to Indy.  There was a little snow on the ground but they said the interstates were clear so they went ahead and drove up.  They spent time Saturday at Lisa and Drew's and went to the hotel to swim for a while then ordered some pizza for supper.  Sunday they ate some lunch at Lisa and Drew's then headed back home.

While the kids were away the adults will play :) or do housework.  That's mostly what we did Saturday I got caught up on laundry and picking up and other chores that have been put on the back burner with everything else that has been going on the last month or so.  Saturday night we went to Cracker Barrel for supper and watched the UK game without having to get up 50x to get something for the kids.  It was kind of nice for a change but the house so quiet without them there. 

Sunday morning we went to church at St. Mary of the Knobs.  Something Wes and I have struggled with is finding a church we both agree on and are comfortable with.  He went to a Baptist church for several years but the rest of his family has never really gone to church.  We've tried several different Christian churches and even went to his old church one weekend but we just were not comfortable there or really liked the much more contemperary type of service.  We've decided to try a catholic church since that's where I am most comfortable and the kids have both been baptized in the catholic church.  I am hoping it will work it's important to both of us to raise the kids with some type of religeous foundation we just need to find one that we can both be happy with.  St. Mary of the Knobs was really nice it's a brand new church building but an old parish and they have a catholic school so it has a lot of young families which I like.  There are other Catholic churches around though so we'll probably check them out too and hopefully find one we can get involved with.

Here are some pictures of mom and dad with the grandkids this weekend I think everyone had a really good time.



3 comments:

Carla said...

Hopefully you can find a church you agree on. It's not as important what denomination as it is that you at least go to church.

Freemad said...

Finding a church where you feel you belong has been something that Chris and I have also struggled with. In the catholic church, I think the priest has a lot to do with the feel of the mass and church community. Hopefully you all can find a church that fills everything that you are looking for.

Barbara and Wes said...

We went to St. Mary of the Knobs again this weekend and I really like the priest and church. The kids were not great but hopefully that will get better since they are not used to having to sit still that long.