Background

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Riding in the car

We had a super busy weekend but it worked out pretty well.  Saturday morning I did my grocery shopping and went into Kohl's and got the kids a bunch of summer stuff since they both pretty much are going to need a new wardrobe.  After that we watched the first 1/2 of the UK vs. FL game then while Wes worked out I headed over the Wes's parents with the kids.  They watched them for me while I went and had our taxes done.  We're getting a lot more back than I expected so that was great we'll be able to pay for our vacation and some spending money without having to tap into our savings anymore.  After that Kaden was napping so Carol told me to go ahead and do my running.  I went to Kiddie Closet first and got Aubrey some really cute dresses and shirts for pretty cheap.  Then I took the car through the car wash and got the oil changed and filled it with gas before going to get the kids.

While the kids were at Wes's parents his dad brought Aubrey's new car out of the basement for them to try out.  The kids both loved it Kaden rode with Aubrey and had a really good time.  When I got back Aubrey drove it around a little more for me to see before I woke Kaden up from his nap.  Sunday Mike brought the car over to our house so when it warms up they can use it.  Kaden got a 4-wheeler from them but it's still at their house we'll have to get it home sometime soon.  He hasn't tried it out yet but I'm sure he will love it.

Sunday we went to church then the kids and I headed to mom and dad's house.  When we got there I dropped Kaden off and picked up mom and went to my cousin Brooke's house for a thirty-one party.  It was nice to be able to go for once I know some of my other cousin's have had them but I have never been able to make it.  They had some really neat purses and other bags and I got a new purse and wallet and I booked a party for July to host at mom and dad's house.  After the party we went back to mom and dad's and warmed up some supper then headed back home.
Aubrey had a good time playing with Lily's dress up clothes
 Grandpa found some sticks for Kaden to make cages for his dinosaurs.

The only downside to the weekend was we had to bury Aubrey's fish Smokey. She got him for her 3rd birthday from Jeremy and he's survived this long but the last few weeks we knew he wasn't going to make it much longer.  Aubrey wanted to bury him so that's what we did.  She was a little upset but did pretty good about it mostly she was curious.  She kept asking Wes questions like, was he slimy, why did his fins fall off, can I touch him...lol yuck!  I bought a new larger (10 Gal) tank that we are going to put in her room to replace the little one we had so hopefully we can get that set up next weekend.

No comments: