Background

Friday, July 19, 2013

A day with Aubrey

On Monday I took the day off to spend with Aubrey.  We started a doctor's appointment for her 5 year check up.  Everything looks great her growth is right where it should be and everything else looked good.  She did have to have her finger pricked for a blood test which was an ordeal but it was over quick.
After the doctor I took Kaden to daycare and Aubrey and I headed to the zoo.  I haven't spent much time with just Aubrey lately and I wanted a little one on one time before she started school.  It was a great day although it was hot we had a good time.  We took our time and I let Aubrey decide where we went and how long we stayed.  She really liked the petting zoo and had to make sure to pet every goat in there.  She also liked riding the carousel so I let her ride it twice.  She also got to pick out something to buy with her birthday money.  She picked out this 5' snake and has been carrying it around every since then.
After the zoo we stopped by my office for a bit she has been asking about it more lately and didn't remember ever being there so I told her we would go.  I showed her around a little and showed her some pictures of the buildings we've done.  Then we headed home for a little bit so I could get a few things done before picking up Kaden. We had a great time it's something I need to make time to do more often.









1 comment:

Carla said...

I try to make it a point every once in a while to spend one on one time with Ciara too! Last Sunday, her and Matt went on a date to see the Evansville High School's Summer Musical. It was Beauty and the Beast and they both love the movie! She thought it was awesome to have a date with daddy!