I know they say that time flies when you have kids and I know that's true but it does not seem possible Aubrey is old enough for Kindergarten! She is though and they start already August 1st!
It is going to be a huge change for her and for the whole family in many ways. Not only will she be starting kindergarten, and riding the bus, she will be starting at a new daycare after school. Our current daycare is not in the school district we live in and I really wanted her to go to school there so we had to figure out what she was going to do after school. We considered letting her stay after school in the YMCA's afterschool program. It would have been convenient that she didn't have to worry about her riding the bus somewhere after school and it was a little cheaper than regular daycare. We were able to get her in to Little Bits from Heaven though which is a daycare not far from our house where our friends kids go. It is a great daycare and the owner is awesome. She only has room for Aubrey before and after school now but we are next in line for a full time opening so hopefully Kaden will be able to join Aubrey there before too long. Until then he will stay at their current daycare and on school breaks Aubrey will go there as well. It is going to be hectic since they are opposite directions from our house but hopefully it is only temporary and we can get Kaden in soon.
To get ready for these changes we've done a few things. I've taken Aubrey to the new daycare a few times so she knows where she is going and is comfortable there. She knows a few kids there so that will help a lot. We got all her school supplies and she is super excited about them. Last week they had registration at the school. We couldn't walk around really but at least she could see where it was. Then last night we had Camp Kindergarten and open house so she was able to meet her teacher (Mrs. Schenks) and see her classroom and desk. She was really shy and clingy but that's normal for her the first time she goes someplace new. Hopefully she will do better tomorrow on her own. They also got to go on a school bus and we walked around the rest of the school.
The plan is for her to get on the bus at home in the mornings then after school she will go to Little Bits and I will get Kaden then her after work. I've adjusted my hours so I'm getting off earlier so I can get them both before the daycares close. With the new bridges starting traffic is going to get bad some days which I'm not looking forward to but hopefully it will all work out.
1 comment:
Good Luck to Aubrey! I can't believe they start so early! Ciara starts on the 13th.
Post a Comment