Aubrey started Kindergarten at Georgetown Elementary School on August 1st. I wasn't sure how she would do getting on the bus. She was able to get on one for a few minutes at the open house on Tuesday so that made me feel a little better. We got her up at normal time and she got dressed and ate breakfast and got ready without too much fuss. We went out to the front porch to wait for the bus and I took a few pictures then we walked down to the end of the driveway. I wasn't sure where the bus would pick up they didn't tell us but I knew it turned around in the cul-de-sac across from our house so we just waited at the end of the driveway. Luckily another family was waiting across the street with a little girl about Aubrey's age and she asked if Aubrey wanted to sit with her on the bus. I think that helped she got one and went and sat down without a problem. After school she rode a different bus to the new daycare. They had a snack there and it sounded like she had a good time playing until I got there. I picked her up first since Kaden had swim lessons close to his daycare then we went to get some McDonald's and picked up Kaden and went to swim lessons. It was his last class and we had a good time it was a parent tot class where I got to swim with him. Mostly it was about getting him used to the water and I think he helped.
Overall I think it was a good day she was really hyper last night but I think it was just from her sitting more than normal during the day and she was tired from not having a nap. Hopefully as she gets used to it that will get better.
No comments:
Post a Comment