After Aubrey being sick and cranky all week and getting very little sleep most nights I wake up this morning with back pain and red rough patches on my back. I knew from a cousin who had it that those where the symptoms of shingles. Just what I needed to end an already bad week. So I called the doctor this morning and they got me in early this afternoon. Yup I have shingles. My main concern was if I should continue to feed Aubrey and making sure she didn't get the chicken pox from me since it's the same virus. My doctor gave me some medicine for it that should help for me to take for a week and I can take it while nursing. She also said as long as the leisions are covered Aubrey should be fine. I caught it really early so I only have a few lesions and the pain is more just achy right now so it's more of an annoyance than outright pain. Hopefully with the medicine it won't get worse and goes away quickly.
Hopefully later this weekend I'll have a more upbeat post it's been one heck of a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment