Background

Friday, November 9, 2012

No more Boppy

Kaden had still been getting his boppy (pacifyer) at night and nap times.  I've been saying I need to get rid of the thing for months but I was really hoping to get him sleeping through the night better first.  Right now he still wakes up most nights a lot of times he's up multiple times.  With the boppy normally I just had to give it back to him or sometimes just go turn his music back on and he would go back to sleep.  We've tried multiple things the last month or more to try to get him to sleep better but we've not had much luck.  We've tried lavander oil in his room, a new white noise machine, and a sleep sack (he won't keep covers on we though the might be cold), but none have really had much impact.  He is just a really light sleeper.  A lot of nights he wakes up and just wants the paci back so I thought maybe if I can get him off of it he will at least go back to sleep on his own after if he gets used to being without it.  So Tuesday night we cut the ends off and oops they were 'broken' and he threw them away.  Actually he threw the first one away the second one he told me it was broken and when I asked if he wanted to throw it away he said "no" and stuck it back in his mouth....lol He did eventually throw it away though.  He slept all night that night but has been up again the last two nights.  It's taking a little longer to get him to stay in bed but hopefully we'll be able to make some progress the next week.  I would dearly love to get a full nights sleep more than once a week!

No comments: