It was so beautiful last weekend we spent as much time outside as we could. Saturday I bought a leaf blower/ vacuum and while the kids were playing on their play set I started clearing the leaves and pine needles from the driveway. Wes's dad was also there and Wes and Mike worked on getting the electric hooked up for the gym. After blowing all the leaves together we got a snack and Wes's mom came by to play with the kids for a while so I could do some other things outside. The kids were so good they played in the sand box and on the swings the whole time without a fuss. I got all the leaves vacuumed up and bagged and Wes did some mowing while his dad was working. After Kaden took a nap the kids played a little more before Mike and Carol headed back home. They got the electric hooked up and working temporarialy but Mike has to come back this weekend to get it hooked up the rest of the way and install the heating unit for the gym. It will be great to have it finished and make it much easier for Wes this winter.
I had a roast in the crockpot for supper and made some mashed potatoes and corn and rolls so we ate then decided to take the kids bowling. This was the first time for both of them but they had a blast and Aubrey's already asking to go again. This was the first time at this bowling ally and it was really nice spending some time together just having fun.
Sunday was a little cooler but still pretty nice outside. I did my grocery shopping in the morning then we spent some more time playing outside. I also got the grass seed down where they dug the trench for the electric. It was a really good weekend I'm not looking forward to winter but at least we had one more weekend to spend some time outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment