Background

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

This year we had a pretty laid back Thanksgiving.

Thursday morning the kids and I decorated the Christmas tree while Wes cleaned out the dryer vent.  The tree had been up for two week already and the kids were just dying to decorate it so I figured why not.  Wes decided to go ahead and do the vent while he had time after hearing about a deadly house fire in Jasper the day before that started in the dryer vent.  We went to Mike and Carol's that afternoon and had a late lunch and visited.  The kids and I went to see Wes's aunt Linda and took her some leftovers after we ate.  When we got home we had a little family time and played a few games of Candy Land.

Friday we did some work around home, Aubrey and I lifted several load of wood up to the deck for easy use during the week, and I started baking.  I love this time of year because it gives me an excuse to bake :)  We normally make a bunch of different kind of cookies and treats to make gift baskets for the kids teachers and daycare workers and I take some in to work as well.  We went out to eat for supper, and Mom and dad came down Friday evening and spent the night. Saturday we had Bake-a-thon 2014 as Wes dubbed it.  We made Chocolate chip, Chocolate mint, Sugar Cookies, Rice Crispy Treats, and I made some cookie dough balls for Wes. The kids had a good time helping mom make and decorate the sugar cookies.  While we were baking Wes took the dash to my car apart to see if he could figure out why the heat kept switching to blowing cold air.  We found instructions online to fix it and luckily he was able to get it done!  It's not to have heat that stays hot in the car again.  I made some chicken and gravy and mashed potatoes for supper then mom and dad headed home.




 The kids found Santa hats when we were decorating and they just had to wear them everywhere.











Aubrey lost a tooth this weekend too so now she can honestly sing "All I want for christmas is my two front teeth" :)

No comments: