Background

Monday, January 5, 2009

Basketball and baby food

Well this weekend held a few firsts for Aubrey. Friday evening I decided to start Aubrey on some baby food. She's been eating cereal before bed since she was about 4 months and has done well with it. Since I had a lot of food allergies and she's been doing so well breast feeding we opted to hold off on solids a bit. She's really showing a lot of interest in our food when we're eating though so I decided this weekend was as good a time as any to try. I started her on Carrots and she has done really well with them. She seems to like them and eats them like a champ. Only bad thing is that now her spit up is orange and staining everything...YUCK.

Aubrey says I'm ready mom where is my food!

I've been trying to work with Aubrey to get her to sit up better. We are planning to give Lisa and Drew her travel system so I need her to be able to sit up in a shopping cart or at a restaurant in a high chair before we can take her out of the carrier. She's getting closer she just likes her feet so much she has a tendency to fall forward trying to grab them. I think she looks like a football player getting ready to break the line...lol

She is also rolling all over the place now from back to belly and belly to back. I can't keep her in one place and have to be really careful heavier toys and other things are totally out of the way when she's on the floor because she's all hands now. She particularly likes this talking book my cousin Tina got her for Christmas she will just sit there and stare at it and she tries to pick it up all the time.

And the basketball part of our weekend was yesterday. We both enjoy watching college basketball and Wes's family are big University of Kentucky fans. Sunday was the big UofL vs. UK face off so we went over to his parents to watch the game and she made lasagna for supper. Unfortunately UK lost but only by a last second 3pt shot so overall it was a really good game. Aubrey was sporting her best UK attire trying to help cheer on the team.
Watching with Papaw

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love her UK attire!!