Background

Thursday, January 29, 2009

NO power

YUCK I very much dislike this weather. We got a bunch of freezing rain and ice and everything is a mess plus we're out of power so our house is like 45 degrees inside.
We spent the night with Wes's parents since they have a generator hooked up to their furnace so they have heat even though their power is out as well. The power company is saying 7-10 days to restore all the power so I have no idea when it will be back on. We were off the last two days but Wes brought me to work then went in today.

I hope everyone else stays safe!

2 comments:

Carla said...

There are tons of people I know without power, but we've been lucky and have only lost ours for less than 30 seconds 2 different times yesterday. Mom and dad have been without since 12:15am Mon. night/Tues. morning. Their phone line is also out. Luckily, they have a generator large enough to run most of the house as long as they don't go overboard with what is on all at once...just uses a lot of diesel fuel! I have also been off the past 2 days. Matt was off today, so I took him to the farm and drove his truck to work...wasn't sure I could get down our road in my car, but hopefully they graded it today. Stay safe and warm!

Freemad said...

I'm glad to hear that you all are warm. Be careful driving.