Background
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Getting rid of Boppy
Aubrey has always been very fond of her pacifyer (boppy) but we decided it was time for it to go. She was being very stubborn about giving it up in the mornings and throwing a huge fit when I took it way so I decided we just needed to get rid of it and hopefully save some angst every morning. I took three of the ones we had left and cut a few slices in them Friday evening before bed time. Normally we get her ready for bed then read her a book and rock her for a few minutes then she goes up to bed with her boppy and bear. Well Friday night Wes got her ready for bed and sat down to rock her and gave her the first cut boppy she sucked on it for a second took it out and looked at it and told Wes "it still works" and stuck it back in...lol so much for that idea. So Saturday I cut them a little more and that did the trick she told me they were broke and threw them away. It did take quite a while to get her to bed that night. Sunday was a little better but I had a new toy for her and told her if she went to bed without crying I would give it to her and she did. I told Sheri so she got rid of the one she kept there and told Aubrey that Thunder (one of their cats) ate it. So far she's doing good other than not wanting to nap without it but she doesn't always take one anyway and then she goes to bed better so I'm not complaining too much. She keeps telling me she wants it and I need to get another one from the store but she doens't throw much of a fit when I tell her they are out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment