Background

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Beautiful Weather and Kaden is 18 months old

It has been so gorgeous this week we are loving being able to start exploring our new yard and neighborhood and meet some of our neighbors.  Last night we got the grill out and made some burgers and ate on the deck.  After supper I took the kids for our first walk around the neighborhood.  I was hoping to see others out with kids that were playing but there really wasn't anyone out so we went back home.  Wes was working out so we just played out side for a while then noticed the neighbors behind us were out so we went to talk to them.  So far we've only met the ones across the street and the family behind us but hopefully the next few weeks we can meet some more.  I know there are at least 2 little ones around Aubrey's age close so hopefully we can have some playtime for the kids.  The ones behind us have some chickens so Aubrey had to go see them and Kaden though Grandpa had to be close by because there were chicken there (dad had chickens and I said something about them having chickens like grandpa) so Kaden kept saying Pappaw and looking for him :)  I was such a great night we absolutly love the new house and I'm so excited to be able to spend more time outside and actually enjoy it instead of constantly fighting mosquitos (hopefully).

Tuesday Kaden turned 18 months old!  He's doing pretty good overall he's really talking and trying to immitate everything you do and he's starting to understand more what you tell him and respond and answer you more.  He's also very bull headed!  When he doesn't want something or wants something man can he be persistant just like his sister. I think I'm going to have my hands full!

We had his 18 month check up at the doctor this morning.  He's 24 lbs 13.5 oz and 32 1/4" long which is just over 50% heigh and weight.  The doctor was happy with everything else she saw and said he's doing pretty good.  We wish he would eat more regular food but we do what we can.  He will eat some stuff but it's very limited and he won't even try new things so it's really frustrating.  He's also not walking yet which concerned her some but not a whole lot since he is walking with your hands (when he wants to) and he will walk with his walking toys.  She said there is a program called First Steps that can come and do an evaluation and if he qualifies they would provide free therapy so I told her to go ahead and do the evaluation.  They will come to his daycare or our house to do the evaluation and therapy if they think he needs it.  I'm sure he will start walking when he wants to but I wish he would hurry because I really wish he could run around out side so I could play with them both or he could play with more of the toys instead of just sitting in one of the cars.

I need to get my camera out and take some pictures but here is one from the doctors office this morning when we were waiting.
 Kaden loves to steal Wes's hat and wear it

No comments: