Background

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Storm excitement, some visitors, and a funeral

What a crazy weekend.  Friday they were predicting some really serious storms to come through so we were on edge all day.  After hearing about a tornado that went by our friends house in Wadesville and one that went through really close to a coworkers house in Pekin I really wanted to get the kids and get home where I felt at least we had a pretty good shelter from the storms.  I left work about 3:45 after my bosses said it was ok and hoped to make it to get the kids and get home before the storms came through.  I made it to daycare and got the kids but before we made it to the interstate it let loose and was pouring so hard I could hardly see and there was stuff blowing around everywhere.  I did a U turn and went back to daycare.  We got drenched but went back inside to the basement and waited the storm out there before heading home.  Luckily we didn't have any damage.  I feel so blessed and am praying for those out there who were affected by the storms.

Saturday we cleaned house and put a pork loin on the rotissery and Jason and Sheri and the kids came over for a visit.  While Jason and Wes and Ben worked out the kids had a great time playing.  Aubrey has really missed Abigail and Noah so it was nice to have them over to visit.

Sunday was a lazy day around the house.  I did a little baking and made some sugar cookies and some cookies for Wes.  Unfortunatly we got a call from Wes's mom that his aunt Joann passed away Saturday night just after 10pm.  She is going to be greatly missed.  The funeral is Wednesday evening.

No comments: