Background

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Vacation Part 1 - On the road

When I asked Aubrey what she wanted to do for vacation this year her first choice was the beach but since we didn't want to spend quite that much I asked what else she wanted to do.  Her second choice was to go to Gatlinburg.  It's defiantly our favorite vacation spot because it's not too far away and there is a wide variety of stuff to do.  We always rent a cabin through American Patriot getaways and have a great time.  This year was no different we took the whole week off and decided to take Saturday to pack and leave on Sunday.  Saturday I went to the grocery and tried to get as much stuff packed as possible so we could leave Sunday morning.  We went to church Saturday night then made some supper and did some house work.  

Sunday morning we packed the stuff we couldn't the night before then off we went.  We got on the road later than I would have preferred but I expected that.  We ended up stopping for lunch at Subway because we tried two Cracker Barrel's and both had a long wait.  The drive wasn't too bad other then some traffic right before the exit to Sieverville.  We stopped at Cracker Barrel in Pigeon Forge for supper then headed into the mountains to find out cabin.  That's always an interesting adventure but luckily this one wasn't too difficult to find.  We've stayed in a different cabin every time we've been.  This one was called the Cozy Cabin and it was just that it was tiny but it had everything we needed and was nice.  It even had little recliners in the the second bedroom for the kids. 




No comments: